High youth jobless in euro countries a "catastrophe"-Schaeuble
BERLIN, April 18
BERLIN, April 18 (Reuters) - German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said in a speech to parliament on Thursday that high youth unemployment in some euro zone countries was a disaster that needed to be addressed urgently by policymakers.
"We must fight in particular the high levels of youth unemployoment in a number of European countries," said Schaeuble. "It is a catastrophe if 30-40 percent of young people have no job in the long term."
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note