CORRECTED-(OFFICIAL) Impregilo says $560 mln contract cancelled
(Corrects the value of the contract to $560 million, not 560 million euros)
MILAN, April 18 (Reuters) - Italian builder Impregilo said on Thursday Minera Panama has cancelled a contract for the 'Mina del Cobre' project in Panama with a total value of $560 million.
The client announced that the entire project is being re-assessed following First Quantum Minerals' acquisition of Inmet Mining Corporation, Impregilo said in a statement.
The project envisaged the construction of service and access roads to the mine which is located some 120 km from Panama City.
The contract was assigned to the joint-venture Impregilo-Salini in January. ($1 = 0.7644 euros) (Reporting by Francesca Landini, editing by Jennifer Clark and Gerald E. McCormick)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions