Italy studying inflation-linked BTP for institutionals- DMO head
MILAN, April 18
MILAN, April 18 (Reuters) - Italy is considering issuing a long-term inflation-linked BTP bond aimed at institutional investors, the head of the country's debt management office said on Thursday.
"To capture a larger number of institutional investors (the treasury) is assessing whether to offer them a BTP indexed to the Italian inflation," Maria Cannata said at an event in Milan.
She added that the structure of the new bond would be similar to that of BTPei bonds linked to the European inflation. (Reporting By Gabriella Bruschi, writing by Danilo Masoni; Editing by Lisa Jucca)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia