Italy studying inflation-linked BTP for institutionals- DMO head
MILAN, April 18
MILAN, April 18 (Reuters) - Italy is considering issuing a long-term inflation-linked BTP bond aimed at institutional investors, the head of the country's debt management office said on Thursday.
"To capture a larger number of institutional investors (the treasury) is assessing whether to offer them a BTP indexed to the Italian inflation," Maria Cannata said at an event in Milan.
She added that the structure of the new bond would be similar to that of BTPei bonds linked to the European inflation. (Reporting By Gabriella Bruschi, writing by Danilo Masoni; Editing by Lisa Jucca)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Missouri grand jury makes decision in fatal shooting of black teen |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |