BOJ's Miyao: JGB moves since QE likely temporary
GIFU, Japan, April 18
GIFU, Japan, April 18 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan board member Ryuzo Miyao said on Thursday that big swings in the government bond market since the central bank announced bold monetary easing are likely only temporary and reflect adjustments to supply and demand.
"It is important for the BOJ to closely communicate with market participants and consider if it needs to take steps to ensure smooth market operations," Miyao said in a press conference after giving a speech in Gifu, a city in central Japan.
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |