Nikkei drops 1.2 pct as Apple component suppliers weigh
TOKYO, April 18 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average shed 1.2 percent on Thursday as Apple-linked shares came under pressure on concerns of slowing sales of the iPhone maker's products, while global growth worries dampened the appeal of exporters. The Nikkei ended 162.82 points lower at 13,220.07, breaking below its five-day moving average of 13,317.04. The broader Topix index dropped 1.2 percent to 1,122.97.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data