Steelmaker Nucor's profit falls as sales drop
April 18 (Reuters) - Nucor Corp reported a fall in quarterly earnings on Thursday, and said that its steel mills had not seen the seasonal increase in prices and volumes that they usually do early in the year.
Net earnings for the first quarter dropped to $84.8 million, or 26 cents a share, from $145.1 million, or 46 cents a share, a year earlier. Net sales fell to $4.55 billion from $5.07 billion.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats