UPDATE 2-Suspicious package delays cruise ship at Florida port
April 18 (Reuters) - A suspicious package found at the Port of Tampa, Florida on Thursday on a pallet that was to be loaded onto a cruise ship operated by Royal Caribbean Cruises, was not a bomb, the sheriff's office said.
Two bomb-sniffing dogs found the parcel during a routine security check, said a spokeswoman for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. Explosives experts investigated the package before saying it was harmless.
As a precaution, the sheriff's office evacuated the terminal building being used by Royal Caribbean to check in passengers sailing on its Jewel of the Seas.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |