STXNEWS LATAM-Shell says interested in Brazil oil auctions
Royal Dutch Shell Plc is interested in bidding for oil exploration rights in Brazil this year, the firm's CEO Peter Voser said after meeting with Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff in Brasilia.
Shell has already won approval to bid in an auction slated for May, Brazil's first since 2008. The company may also participate in a subsalt oil round scheduled for November and a natural gas auction slated for October, Voser said.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin