STXNEWS LATAM-Shell says interested in Brazil oil auctions
Royal Dutch Shell Plc is interested in bidding for oil exploration rights in Brazil this year, the firm's CEO Peter Voser said after meeting with Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff in Brasilia.
Shell has already won approval to bid in an auction slated for May, Brazil's first since 2008. The company may also participate in a subsalt oil round scheduled for November and a natural gas auction slated for October, Voser said.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note