Suncor starts planned upkeep at oil sands plant
CALGARY, Alberta, April 18
CALGARY, Alberta, April 18 (Reuters) - Suncor Energy Inc said on Thursday a seven-week planned maintenance shutdown of its 100,000 barrel-per-day U1 oil sands upgrading plant is under way.
The company, Canada's largest oil sands producer, said the unit will be completely shut during the work, while a second upgrader at its project site near Fort McMurray, Alberta, will continue normal operations.
Oil sands upgraders convert bitumen from the oil sands into refinery-ready synthetic crude.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.