Suncor starts planned upkeep at oil sands plant
CALGARY, Alberta, April 18
CALGARY, Alberta, April 18 (Reuters) - Suncor Energy Inc said on Thursday a seven-week planned maintenance shutdown of its 100,000 barrel-per-day U1 oil sands upgrading plant is under way.
The company, Canada's largest oil sands producer, said the unit will be completely shut during the work, while a second upgrader at its project site near Fort McMurray, Alberta, will continue normal operations.
Oil sands upgraders convert bitumen from the oil sands into refinery-ready synthetic crude.
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |