India's TCS shares gain in pre-open trading on revenue outlook
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in India's Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) (TCS.NS) rose 2.15 percent in pre-open trade on Thursday after it painted a more bullish picture for future revenue growth than key rival Infosys (INFY.NS).
TCS said on Wednesday net profit for the fiscal fourth quarter ended March 31 rose 22 percent to 35.97 billion rupees ($663.35 million) from the year-earlier period.
TCS added it expects revenue in the current fiscal year to increase more than the 12-14 percent sector export growth forecast by the National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom).
Infosys shares were up 0.1 percent.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- U.S.' Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study