Vertex cystic fibrosis drug succeeds in combo trial
April 18 (Reuters) - Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc said its experimental drug improved lung function in adults with cystic fibrosis in a mid-stage trial, sending its shares up sharply in after-hours trading.
The company said on Thursday the favorable results were seen in patients who took its experimental drug VX-661 in combination with the company's already approved treatment for cystic fibrosis, Kalydeco (ivacaftor).
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted