Dell says Blackstone withdraws from buyout process
April 19 (Reuters) - Dell Inc said a consortium led by Blackstone Management Partners LLC has decided not to submit a definitive proposal to acquire the company and is withdrawing from the process.
New York-based Blackstone's move comes just a month after it launched a challenge to founder Michael Dell's attempt to take Dell private in a $24.4 billion deal.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76