G20 reaffirms pledge to get budgets under control
WASHINGTON, April 19
WASHINGTON, April 19 (Reuters) - Finance leaders from the Group of 20 nations on Friday reaffirmed a pledge that advanced countries will develop fiscal strategies by September to ensure the sustainability of their budgets.
"Fiscal sustainability in advanced economies remains essential," G20 finance ministers and central bank leaders said in a joint statement following talks in Washington.
"Advanced economies will develop medium-term fiscal strategies by the time of the St. Petersburg summit" scheduled for September, the statement said, echoing language used following the previous meeting of G20 ministers in February.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details