Honeywell profit rises 17 percent
April 19 (Reuters) - Honeywell International Inc reported a 17 percent rise in first-quarter profit, helped by higher margins.
Net income attributable to the company rose to $966 million, or $1.21 per share, in the quarter ended March, from $823 million, or $1.04 per share, a year earlier.
Sales were flat at $9.33 billion.
Honeywell products include cockpit electronics, systems to manage security of large buildings and turbochargers.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after deadline missed
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Some fund managers see oil falling to $60 without OPEC cut
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video