Kimberly-Clark posts quarterly profit, raises full-year forecast
April 19 (Reuters) - Kimberly-Clark Corp posted a higher quarterly profit and raised its earnings forecast for the year on Friday as the maker of Kleenex tissues and Huggies diapers saw strong growth in its international markets and cut costs.
It earned $531 million, or $1.36 per share, in the first quarter, up from $468 million, or $1.18 per share, a year earlier.
Kimberly-Clark said it now expects to post adjusted earnings per share of $5.60 to $5.75 in 2013, versus its prior target of $5.50 to $5.65.
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report