Kimberly-Clark posts quarterly profit, raises full-year forecast
April 19 (Reuters) - Kimberly-Clark Corp posted a higher quarterly profit and raised its earnings forecast for the year on Friday as the maker of Kleenex tissues and Huggies diapers saw strong growth in its international markets and cut costs.
It earned $531 million, or $1.36 per share, in the first quarter, up from $468 million, or $1.18 per share, a year earlier.
Kimberly-Clark said it now expects to post adjusted earnings per share of $5.60 to $5.75 in 2013, versus its prior target of $5.50 to $5.65.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'