Kimberly-Clark posts quarterly profit, raises full-year forecast
April 19 (Reuters) - Kimberly-Clark Corp posted a higher quarterly profit and raised its earnings forecast for the year on Friday as the maker of Kleenex tissues and Huggies diapers saw strong growth in its international markets and cut costs.
It earned $531 million, or $1.36 per share, in the first quarter, up from $468 million, or $1.18 per share, a year earlier.
Kimberly-Clark said it now expects to post adjusted earnings per share of $5.60 to $5.75 in 2013, versus its prior target of $5.50 to $5.65.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data