ManpowerGroup profit falls 41 percent on weak Europe
April 19 (Reuters) - Global staffing company ManpowerGroup reported a 41 percent fall in quarterly profit as its European business remained under pressure, particularly in France.
However, the world's No.3 staffing company forecast second-quarter earnings of 84 to 92 cents per share before one-time items, above the average analyst forecast of 77 cents.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Manpower's earnings fell to $23.9 million, or 31 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $40.2 million, or 50 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 6 percent to $4.77 billion.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |