US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Dow opens lower after weak results from GE, IBM
NEW YORK, April 19
NEW YORK, April 19 (Reuters) - The Dow opened lower on Friday following disappointing results from General Electric Co , McDonald's Corp and IBM, while other indexes were little changed at the start.
GE fell 3.7 percent to $21.84 while McDonald's was off 2.2 percent at $99.71. IBM was the biggest loser on the S&P, falling 6.6 percent to $193.58.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 58.17 points, or 0.40 percent, at 14,478.97. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 2.26 points, or 0.15 percent, at 1,543.87. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 4.35 points, or 0.14 percent, at 3,170.71.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |