US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Nasdaq extends gain, up 1 pct on tech results
NEW YORK, April 19
NEW YORK, April 19 (Reuters) - The Nasdaq extended its early gains on Friday, jumping 1 percent on the strength of quarterly results from Microsoft Corp and Google Inc.
The Dow remained in slightly negative territory, hurt by a drop in IBM shares.
The Dow Jones industrial average dipped 11.72 points, or 0.08 percent, to 14,525.42. But the Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 11.22 points, or 0.73 percent, to 1,552.83. The Nasdaq Composite Index shot up 39.69 points, or 1.25 percent, to 3,206.05.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Millions of Target shoppers face new debit card limits
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East