TeliaSonera Q1 just shy of forecasts, to focus on costs
STOCKHOLM, April 19
STOCKHOLM, April 19 (Reuters) - Nordic and emerging markets telecoms operator TeliaSonera said it would focus on cutting costs in a flat market as it posted first-quarter earnings just below expectations on Friday.
The company's earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA), excluding non-recurring items, were 8.5 billion Swedish crowns ($1.30 billion) versus the average forecast of 8.6 billion in a Reuters poll and last year's 8.9 billion.
The company repeated its outlook for flat sales in local currencies and a slight improvement in margin in 2013.
($1 = 6.5180 Swedish crowns) (Reporting by Simon Johnson)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image