TeliaSonera Q1 just shy of forecasts, to focus on costs
STOCKHOLM, April 19
STOCKHOLM, April 19 (Reuters) - Nordic and emerging markets telecoms operator TeliaSonera said it would focus on cutting costs in a flat market as it posted first-quarter earnings just below expectations on Friday.
The company's earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA), excluding non-recurring items, were 8.5 billion Swedish crowns ($1.30 billion) versus the average forecast of 8.6 billion in a Reuters poll and last year's 8.9 billion.
The company repeated its outlook for flat sales in local currencies and a slight improvement in margin in 2013.
($1 = 6.5180 Swedish crowns) (Reporting by Simon Johnson)
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source