RPT-TeliaSonera Q1 just shy of forecasts, to focus on costs
(Repeats to additional alert with no changes to text)
STOCKHOLM, April 19 (Reuters) - Nordic and emerging markets telecoms operator TeliaSonera said it would focus on cutting costs in a flat market as it posted first-quarter earnings just below expectations on Friday.
The company's earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA), excluding non-recurring items, were 8.5 billion Swedish crowns ($1.30 billion) versus the average forecast of 8.6 billion in a Reuters poll and last year's 8.9 billion.
The company repeated its outlook for flat sales in local currencies and a slight improvement in margin in 2013.
($1 = 6.5180 Swedish crowns) (Reporting by Simon Johnson)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details