Brazil's CSN resubmits offer for ThyssenKrupp assets -source
RIO DE JANEIRO, April 19
RIO DE JANEIRO, April 19 (Reuters) - Brazilian steelmaker CSN, or Cia Siderúrgica Nacional SA, has resubmitted a bid for assets belonging to Germany's ThyssenKrupp AG , a source familiar with the subject told Reuters on Friday.
In recent months, CSN offered $3.8 billion for ThyssenKrupp's Steel Americas, which is comprised of a slab processing plant in Alabama and a 73 percent stake in Brazilian slab-making mill CSA. Mining group Vale SA holds the remaining 27 percent stake in CSA.
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food