DIARY-IMF, World Bank 2013 spring meetings in Washington
Finance ministers and central bankers from around the globe are gathering in Washington this week for the semiannual meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank. In addition, finance officials from Group of 20 nations are meeting on the sidelines.
Following is a schedule of the top events. All times listed are in EDT/GMT.
Sunday, April 21
1230/1630 - News briefing following the African Consultative Group Meeting with IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde and members of the ACG1.
1400/1800 - IMF and World Bank hold seminar on "Fiscal Policy, Equity, and Long-Term Growth in Developing Countries." First of two days.
Monday, April 22
0900/1300 -- IMF and World Bank hold seminar on "Fiscal Policy, Equity, and Long-Term Growth in Developing Countries." Second of two days. Nigerian Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala addresses luncheon at 1230/1630.
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds