Kerry: Future aid to Syria opposition to go through military command
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Sunday the Syrian opposition and its foreign backers had agreed that future aid would be channeled through the rebels' supreme military command.
Kerry made the statement at a news briefing after a meeting between the Syrian opposition and its foreign supporters in Istanbul.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- At least four servicemen killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl
- Israel presses on with Gaza offensive, Palestinians fire rockets |