Kerry says U.S. to give Syrian opposition another $123 million
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Sunday the United States would provide opposition forces in Syria with an additional $123 million in non-lethal assistance.
Kerry made the announcement in a statement issued after a meeting in Istanbul of the Syrian opposition and their international backers.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand