Kerry says U.S. to give Syrian opposition another $123 million
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Sunday the United States would provide opposition forces in Syria with an additional $123 million in non-lethal assistance.
Kerry made the announcement in a statement issued after a meeting in Istanbul of the Syrian opposition and their international backers.
(Reporting by David Brunnstrom; Editing by Robin Pomeroy)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state Slideshow