ABB says no interest in solar panel machinery buys
ZURICH, April 22
ZURICH, April 22 (Reuters) - Automation technology group ABB's chief executive said on Monday the company had no interest in acquiring solar panel machinery makers.
His comments came after ABB said it would buy renewable energy firm Power-One Inc for around $1 billion to step up its presence in the growing solar power inverters market.
The CEO also said the acquisition of Power-One would be positive to net income within a year.
- Bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry: coastguard |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Israel space project gets $16 million boost from casino mogul Adelson
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official