ABB says no interest in solar panel machinery buys
ZURICH, April 22
ZURICH, April 22 (Reuters) - Automation technology group ABB's chief executive said on Monday the company had no interest in acquiring solar panel machinery makers.
His comments came after ABB said it would buy renewable energy firm Power-One Inc for around $1 billion to step up its presence in the growing solar power inverters market.
The CEO also said the acquisition of Power-One would be positive to net income within a year.
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes