ABB says no interest in solar panel machinery buys
ZURICH, April 22
ZURICH, April 22 (Reuters) - Automation technology group ABB's chief executive said on Monday the company had no interest in acquiring solar panel machinery makers.
His comments came after ABB said it would buy renewable energy firm Power-One Inc for around $1 billion to step up its presence in the growing solar power inverters market.
The CEO also said the acquisition of Power-One would be positive to net income within a year.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |