ACE Ltd profit beats estimates on improved insurance rates
April 22 (Reuters) - Insurer ACE Ltd reported a quarterly profit that beat analysts' estimates as commercial insurance rates continued to improve in the United States.
The company's net income fell to $953 million, or $2.77 per share, for the first quarter from $973 million, or $2.84 per share, a year earlier.
The company's operating income was $2.17 per share.
Analysts on average had expected operating income of $1.94 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's "reign of terror" worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media