Brazil's Bradesco slightly misses first-quarter profit estimate
SAO PAULO, April 22
SAO PAULO, April 22 (Reuters) - Banco Bradesco SA , Brazil's second-biggest private sector bank, said a measure of first-quarter profit rose 3.4 percent compared with the same period a year earlier, according to a statement on Monday.
Net income excluding one-time items, a gauge of earnings known as recurring profit, totaled 2.943 billion reais ($1.46 billion) in the first three months of 2013, the statement said. A Thomson Reuters poll of ten analysts predicted recurring earnings of 2.98 billion reais in the period.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76