Blackstone to buy Credit Suisse private equity business
April 22 (Reuters) - Blackstone Group said on Monday it struck a deal to buy one of Credit Suisse's private equity businesses with $9 billion in assets under management.
The companies did not disclose the purchase price for the Swiss bank's Strategic Partners unit, which specializes in buying and selling stakes in private equity funds.
Credit Suisse in July announced that it was selling the business as part of a plan launched after the Swiss National Bank called on it to increase its capital base.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers