S&P cuts long-term rating on France Telecom
PARIS, April 22
PARIS, April 22 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's cut its long-term and issue ratings for France Telecom to BBB+ from A-, with a stable outlook, citing stiff mobile competition and a sharper expected drop in full-year core profit.
"We think competitive and price pressures in France Telecom's domestic mobile market will remain stiff in the next two years," the ratings agency said in a statement on Monday.
"Group EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation) in 2013 will likely drop more sharply than we had previously assumed, and the restoration of stronger credit metrics by 2014 will consequently fall short of our previous expectations."
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data