US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens slightly higher on mixed earnings
NEW YORK, April 22
NEW YORK, April 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened modestly higher on Monday, rebounding from stocks' worst week in 2013, though mixed results from Caterpillar Inc and Halliburton Co pointed to choppy trading ahead.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 14.45 points, or 0.10 percent, at 14,561.96. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 2.43 points, or 0.16 percent, at 1,557.68. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 10.02 points, or 0.31 percent, at 3,216.08.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York