US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens slightly higher on mixed earnings
NEW YORK, April 22
NEW YORK, April 22 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened modestly higher on Monday, rebounding from stocks' worst week in 2013, though mixed results from Caterpillar Inc and Halliburton Co pointed to choppy trading ahead.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 14.45 points, or 0.10 percent, at 14,561.96. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 2.43 points, or 0.16 percent, at 1,557.68. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 10.02 points, or 0.31 percent, at 3,216.08.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Decaying steel town gets movie star turn in 'Out of the Furnace'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Journal withdraws controversial French Monsanto GM study