Michelin warns of cutbacks unless market picks up
PARIS, April 22
PARIS, April 22 (Reuters) - Michelin will have to consider further cutbacks in Europe unless the sluggish tyre market picks up, Chief Financial Officer Marc Henry said on Monday.
"If volumes stay at the level where they are today, that would imply some restructuring," Henry said on a call for reporters and analysts after presenting the French tyremaker's quarterly sales.
"This is under scrutiny of course but nothing is decided yet," he said. (Reporting by Laurence Frost; Editing by James Regan)
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane