Netflix profit gains as U.S. streaming subscribers grow
April 22 (Reuters) - Netflix Inc's profit rose in the first quarter as the dominant video rental service added new streaming subscribers in the United States, the company reported on Monday.
For January through March, Netflix recorded $3 million in net income and earnings per share of 5 cents. A year earlier, the company reported a $5 million loss as it increased spending to launch its service in international markets.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief