Netflix profit gains as U.S. streaming subscribers grow
April 22 (Reuters) - Netflix Inc's profit rose in the first quarter as the dominant video rental service added new streaming subscribers in the United States, the company reported on Monday.
For January through March, Netflix recorded $3 million in net income and earnings per share of 5 cents. A year earlier, the company reported a $5 million loss as it increased spending to launch its service in international markets.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |