Egypt cabinet reshuffle to take place next week: prime minister
CAIRO (Reuters) - A reshuffle of the Egyptian cabinet will be done early next week, Prime Minister Hisham Kandil said in remarks carried on state newspaper al-Ahram's website on Monday, but he declined to give details on which ministries will be affected.
President Mohamed Mursi's opponents have been demanding the formation of a new government to oversee parliamentary elections expected to begin this year.
The Muslim Brotherhood, the movement that propelled Mursi to power last year, has also become increasingly critical of the Kandil government.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port