Michelin warns of cutbacks unless market picks up
PARIS (Reuters) - Michelin (MICP.PA) will have to consider further cutbacks in Europe unless the sluggish tyre market picks up, Chief Financial Officer Marc Henry said on Monday.
"If volumes stay at the level where they are today, that would imply some restructuring," Henry said on a call for reporters and analysts after presenting the French tyremaker's quarterly sales.
"This is under scrutiny of course but nothing is decided yet," he said.
(Reporting by Laurence Frost; Editing by James Regan)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter