Man shoots dead five in western Russia
MOSCOW (Reuters) - A gunman shot dead five people in the western Russian city of Belgorod on Monday before speeding away in a car, local police said.
Police said one of the victims was a 14-year-old girl and that a sixth person had been wounded. The motive was not immediately clear.
Amateur footage online showed corpses in the street covered with light blue plastic body bags and a crowd of onlookers gathered in a main street of Belgorod, near a school.
A local law enforcement source said police had surrounded a car fair, where they were looking for the suspect.
(Reporting by Anton Zverev and Gabriela Baczynska, editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane