Man shoots dead five in western Russia
MOSCOW (Reuters) - A gunman shot dead five people in the western Russian city of Belgorod on Monday before speeding away in a car, local police said.
Police said one of the victims was a 14-year-old girl and that a sixth person had been wounded. The motive was not immediately clear.
Amateur footage online showed corpses in the street covered with light blue plastic body bags and a crowd of onlookers gathered in a main street of Belgorod, near a school.
A local law enforcement source said police had surrounded a car fair, where they were looking for the suspect.
(Reporting by Anton Zverev and Gabriela Baczynska, editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default