Boston Marathon suspect charged, court official says
BOSTON (Reuters) - U.S. officials brought charges against Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzohkhar Tsarnaev while he lay in his hospital bed on Monday, a federal court official said.
"There has been a sealed complaint filed," said Gary Wente, circuit executive for the U.S. Courts for the First Circuit, who said that a magistrate judge was present when Tsarnaev was charged at his bed in Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital.
(Scott Malone; Editing by Paul Thomasch)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |