CORRECTED-Obama to attend memorial service for West, Texas victims on Thursday
(Corrects headline and clarifies that memorial service is in Waco, Texas)
WASHINGTON, April 22 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama plans to attend a memorial service on Thursday for victims of a fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas, the White House said on Monday.
The service will be at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. Obama will be in Texas for the dedication in Dallas of the George W. Bush presidential library on Thursday. He has a Democratic fundraiser planned in Dallas on Wednesday night.
The plant run by West Fertilizer Co. in the small Texas town exploded on Wednesday, killing 14 people, nearly all of them emergency responders, and injuring dozens more.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor