CORRECTED-AK Steel reports smaller 1st-qtr loss
(Corrects reporting quarter in headline and first paragraph to first quarter from fourth quarter)
April 23 (Reuters) - AK Steel Corp reported a smaller first-quarter loss, helped in part by lower raw material costs.
The steelmaker's net loss narrowed to $9.9 million, or 7 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $11.8 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 10 percent to $1.37 billion. (Reporting By Kanika Sikka in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl