CORRECTED-AK Steel reports smaller 1st-qtr loss
(Corrects reporting quarter in headline and first paragraph to first quarter from fourth quarter)
April 23 (Reuters) - AK Steel Corp reported a smaller first-quarter loss, helped in part by lower raw material costs.
The steelmaker's net loss narrowed to $9.9 million, or 7 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $11.8 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 10 percent to $1.37 billion. (Reporting By Kanika Sikka in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets