Avenue Capital's Lasry will not be ambassador to France -source
NEW YORK, April 23
NEW YORK, April 23 (Reuters) - Billionaire Marc Lasry told investors in his Avenue Capital that he will remain at the hedge fund and not become the next U.S ambassador to France, according to a person familiar with the situation.
Lasry told clients he would remain at the New York-based fund in a note to investors on Tuesday, according to a person with knowledge of the note.
Lasry had been seen as likely to be nominated by President Barack Obama for position.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games