Avenue Capital's Lasry will not be ambassador to France -source
NEW YORK, April 23
NEW YORK, April 23 (Reuters) - Billionaire Marc Lasry told investors in his Avenue Capital that he will remain at the hedge fund and not become the next U.S ambassador to France, according to a person familiar with the situation.
Lasry told clients he would remain at the New York-based fund in a note to investors on Tuesday, according to a person with knowledge of the note.
Lasry had been seen as likely to be nominated by President Barack Obama for position.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine