Avenue Capital's Lasry will not be ambassador to France -source
NEW YORK, April 23
NEW YORK, April 23 (Reuters) - Billionaire Marc Lasry told investors in his Avenue Capital that he will remain at the hedge fund and not become the next U.S ambassador to France, according to a person familiar with the situation.
Lasry told clients he would remain at the New York-based fund in a note to investors on Tuesday, according to a person with knowledge of the note.
Lasry had been seen as likely to be nominated by President Barack Obama for position.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 1-China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'