Avenue Capital's Lasry will not be ambassador to France -source
NEW YORK, April 23
NEW YORK, April 23 (Reuters) - Billionaire Marc Lasry told investors in his Avenue Capital that he will remain at the hedge fund and not become the next U.S ambassador to France, according to a person familiar with the situation.
Lasry told clients he would remain at the New York-based fund in a note to investors on Tuesday, according to a person with knowledge of the note.
Lasry had been seen as likely to be nominated by President Barack Obama for position.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter