CIT posts first-quarter profit as debt charges fall
April 23 (Reuters) - CIT Group Inc reported a quarterly profit compared with a loss from the year earlier as the small-business lender cut its spending on the servicing of long-term debt.
Net income was $162.6 million, or 81 cents per share, in the first quarter, compared with a loss of $427 million, or $2.13 per share, a year earlier.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Microsoft leads disruption of largest infected global PC network