DuPont profit doubles on higher sales of agricultural products
April 23 (Reuters) - Chemicals maker DuPont's quarterly profit more than doubled, helped by higher demand for agricultural chemicals and seeds ahead of the spring planting season in North America.
The company's profit rose to $3.35 billion, or $3.58 per share, in the first quarter, from $1.49 billion, or $1.58 per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose marginally to $10.4 billion.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel