Encana operating profit falls on hedging losses
April 23 (Reuters) - EnCana Corp, Canada's No.1 natural gas producer, reported a 25 percent fall in first-quarter operating profit due to hedging losses.
Encana's net operating income, which excludes most one-time items, fell to $179 million, or 24 cents per share, from $240 million, or 33 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company reported a first-quarter net loss of $431 million, compared with a profit of $12 million a year earlier.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory