Ingersoll-Rand profit falls 7 pct in first quarter
April 23 (Reuters) - Ingersoll-Rand Plc, the maker of Trane air conditioners, Schlage locks and Thermo King mobile refrigeration units, reported a 7 percent decline in earnings due to weak demand for its commercial heating and cooling systems and industrial products.
Net income for the first quarter fell to $94.6 million, or 29 cents per share, from $102.2 million, or 31 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue declined by 1 percent to $3.11 billion.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel