Ingersoll-Rand profit falls 7 pct in first quarter
April 23 (Reuters) - Ingersoll-Rand Plc, the maker of Trane air conditioners, Schlage locks and Thermo King mobile refrigeration units, reported a 7 percent decline in earnings due to weak demand for its commercial heating and cooling systems and industrial products.
Net income for the first quarter fell to $94.6 million, or 29 cents per share, from $102.2 million, or 31 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue declined by 1 percent to $3.11 billion.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite