Nikkei retreats from nearly 5-year closing high
TOKYO, April 23 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average eased in early trade on Tuesday as the yen's weakness paused, prompting investors to lock in some of the gains after the index hit a nearly five-year closing high in the previous session. The Nikkei dipped 0.2 percent to 13,545.48, while the broader Topix index inched down 0.1 percent to 1,144.12.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official