Nikkei retreats from nearly 5-year closing high
TOKYO, April 23 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average eased in early trade on Tuesday as the yen's weakness paused, prompting investors to lock in some of the gains after the index hit a nearly five-year closing high in the previous session. The Nikkei dipped 0.2 percent to 13,545.48, while the broader Topix index inched down 0.1 percent to 1,144.12.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria