US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St rebounds after bogus tweet
NEW YORK, April 23
NEW YORK, April 23 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks climbed on Tuesday in a broad rally, recovering from sharp declines sparked by a "bogus" Associated Press tweet about explosions at the White House.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 152.29 points, or 1.05 percent, to end unofficially at 14,719.46. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index gained 16.27 points, or 1.04 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,578.77. The Nasdaq Composite Index climbed 35.78 points, or 1.11 percent, to close unofficially at 3,269.33.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source