UPDATE 1-Mexico's Walmex reports higher 1st-quarter profit
MEXICO CITY, April 23 (Reuters) - Mexico's biggest retailer, Wal-Mart de Mexico, said on Tuesday its first-quarter profit rose 5.5 percent from a year earlier, helped by an increase in sales.
Walmex, controlled by Wal-Mart Stores Inc , reported a profit of 4.971 billion pesos ($403 million), compared to 4.712 billion pesos in the first quarter of 2012.
Revenue rose 5 percent to 101.9 billion pesos.
Walmex shares closed down 0.59 percent at 38.75 pesos before the company reported its results.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat