UPDATE 1-Mexico's Walmex reports higher 1st-quarter profit
MEXICO CITY, April 23 (Reuters) - Mexico's biggest retailer, Wal-Mart de Mexico, said on Tuesday its first-quarter profit rose 5.5 percent from a year earlier, helped by an increase in sales.
Walmex, controlled by Wal-Mart Stores Inc , reported a profit of 4.971 billion pesos ($403 million), compared to 4.712 billion pesos in the first quarter of 2012.
Revenue rose 5 percent to 101.9 billion pesos.
Walmex shares closed down 0.59 percent at 38.75 pesos before the company reported its results.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'