Japan's Marubeni telecom unit to buy NEC Mobiling from NEC - sources
TOKYO, April 23
TOKYO, April 23 (Reuters) - A telecom unit of Japan's Marubeni Corp is preparing to buy NEC Corp's mobile services subsidiary NEC Mobiling Ltd, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
Struggling after two consecutive years of losses, IT services provider and mobile handset maker NEC is shedding non-core assets in order to bolster its profitability.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel